Yin Chen servers as a research assistant professor at Hide Tokuda lab in the graduate school of media and governance, Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus. He received his B.S. and M.S. Degrees both in Computer Science from Xidian University, China in 2008 and 2011 and Ph.D. Degree in Systems Information Science from Future University Hakodate, Japan in 2014, respectively. From Apr. to Oct. 2014, he was working as a postdoctoral re- searcher in Future University Hakodate. He is a member of IEEE. His research interests are in the wide area of wireless communication and networks. In particular, his current research is focused on the modeling, development and implication of urban sensing system using garbage-collecting trucks.
- 2016/10/24：The automotive sensing platform using garbage-collecting trucks developed in our research has been reported in ASCII: link.
- 2016/10/24：We will present a workshop paper titled “An Empirical Study on Coverage-Ensured Automotive Sensing using Door-to-door Garbage Collecting Trucks”, in the Second International Workshop on Smart Cities: People, Technology and Data in conjunction with 2016 ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware conference at Trento, Italy, December 12th, 2016.
- We will present a demo titled “Cruisers: A Public Automotive Sensing Platform for Smart Cities” in ICDCS 2016 , Nara, Japan on June 29th, 2016.
- Our paper titled “On the Throughput Capacity Study for Aloha Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” has been published in IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 64, no. 4, 2016.
- Yin Chen is invited by the Queuing Theory Seminar of Operational Research Society of Japan to make a speaking titled “Exact Throughput Capacity Study on Aloha Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” at Tokyo Institute of Technology on Oct., 17th, 2015
- 2015/8/1: Our paper titled “Throughput Capacity Study for MANETs with Erasure Coding and Packet Replication” has been published in IEICE transactions on Communications.
- 2015/7/10: Our poster paper titled “Senbay: Smartphone-Based Activity Capturing and Sharing Using Sensor-Federated Video” has been accepted by the UbiComp 2015 Poster session.
- 2015/7/6: Our poster paper titled “A Public Vehicle-based Urban Sensing System” has been accepted by the UbiComp 2015 Poster session.
- 2015/5/20~22:We will attend the Kyoto Smart City Expo 2015 in Kyoto city, Japan
- 2015/5/09~: The public vehicular sensor experiment has started.>>
- 2015/5/19: Yin Chen’s home page became available.